There was an error in this gadget

Friday, January 7, 2011

Ready to Cruise!

As the time draws near to climb aboard RCCL's Mariner of the Seas and begin the journey around South America, I am trying a little self hypnosis or maybe it is just a good old fashioned talking to. . . myself.  We'll be cruising for four weeks and that is wonderful, but the down side of any vacation and particularly one spent on a ship is the plentiful and varied food.  No matter the time of day or night you can get pretty much anything you want to eat and that is not always a good thing.

People have been known to have difficulty fitting into the clothes they brought by the end of the trip.  So, we try to think of the cruise as a spa vacation, where we visit the gym regularly, try to maintain a routine of walking around the deck, and select healthy portions and types of food (most of the time).  After all, it is a vacation.  Oh, this is what we should be doing all the time, right?  Once again, I am reminded that health and fitness really are just a matter of the habits we develop for ourselves.  I tell myself I am in this life for the long haul and staying healthy is the absolute priority.  Looking good just comes naturally with the healthy part.

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking of joining 24 hour fitness : ) I'm tired of being tired all the time (and scrawny LOL)!

    ReplyDelete