Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soup, Um um good!

I found these recipes for hearty soups and thought I'd pass them along. With the effects of chemo, I find that soups are something I can usually enjoy and they are so healthy.  That goes for all of us if the soups are made with fresh wholesome ingredients. Canned soups, of course, are way too high in sodium and the taste is not even close to homemade. Another thing about soup is that most recipes are very easy.  Check these out.  http://www.food52.com/recipes/search/dish_type/soups

But, even without a recipe, I make lots of soups using whatever vegetables, rice, dried peas, lentils, barley, beans, etc. and broth that I happen to have on hand. Low fat and low sodium canned chicken or vegetable broth is great for a base, and the key to tasty soup is herbs, such as oregano, thyme, rosemary, and basil.  I've found it's really hard to go wrong if you just season to taste. For optimum nutrition and to hold as many vitamins as possible, simmer soup on low heat for only about 30 minutes.

On another note, I'll follow up on my last blog regarding the NY trip and author pitch fest. I am so thrilled to report that despite my misgivings about the quality of my pitch, three of the Hollywood studios requested copies of Currents Deep and Deadly. This doesn't necessarily mean something will come of it, but at least they want to read the book to see if it would be suitable for a movie or TV series, so who knows?

By the way, here is the book trailer for Currents of Vengeance, the second Darcy Farthing adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment